Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does K-1 get included for the QBI deduction

Oblio
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go towards the bottom of the K-1 worksheet in the 1040 program

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go towards the bottom of the K-1 worksheet in the 1040 program

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Oblio
Level 1
Been there, but I just can't get it to the QBI
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If it is loaded into the K-1 worksheet properly and the correct boxes are checked, it works.  Sorry, but I can't quite see over your shoulder to see what is happening for you.  Is there taxable income on the return?
0 Cheers
Oblio
Level 1
Thanks for the help. It's a K-1 that's been happening for a number of years. Nothing different this year, with $100,000 line 1 ordinary income.  Near the bottom of the k-1 worksheet I indicate that it's QBI income. But just won't transfer. There are already to other items (with losses of $47,000) on the QBI summary. I have to be missing something simple.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Does the K-1 itself have the proper QBI information (box 20 for a Partnership K-1, box 17 for an S-corporation K-1)?
0 Cheers