Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find a CPA that uses proseries in Waco Texas?

jerrellroy1
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Open a phone book (if you can find one) and start calling. Intuit does not share client information. 

You could start with Yelp. https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=accountants&find_loc=Waco%2C+TX

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I'll ask...why do you need a CPA that uses ProSeries?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
And "Do you really need a CPA?"

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Yeah...just go to TurdoTax & they'll provide a CPA to answer allllllllllll   your questions.  /s
(I wanna be a member of the pot stirring club too)
0 Cheers
jerrellroy1
Level 1
I AM GETTING TOO OLD TO DO MY TAXES AND HAVE USED PROSERIES FOR OVER 20 YEARS.  HAVE PRIOR FILES
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so you don't actually need a CPA, you need a professional tax preparer that has the ability to convert your ProSeries data into a file that their professional software can use.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jerrellroy1
Level 1
Thanks. I believe you have the right answer.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
How complex of a return do you have?  Personally, I would be more worried about finding a competent tax preparer than worry about what software the preparer uses.  Giving your existing data to a yahoo may save a little time the first year, but if the preparer doesn’t know what to do with it, have you saved anything in the long run?

0 Cheers
jerrellroy1
Level 1
I have used proseries over 20 years. Successfully went through four IRS audits. I have lots of rental properties and wife passed this year. New cost basis and other things that exceed my mentality.  I think you are right.  I plan to do it myself then pay a good tax preparer to check it before filing.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Open a phone book (if you can find one) and start calling. Intuit does not share client information. 

You could start with Yelp. https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=accountants&find_loc=Waco%2C+TX

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers