Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error uploading to client. This is not allowed unless you are a approved partner. Do anyone know what is this error about?

Sanjnepal
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Jim7
Level 1
I have the same problem, anybody help?
0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for reaching out within the community in order to let us know about this issue.  The behavior has been corrected, please let me know if you continue to have trouble.
-Betty Jo
0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

The unexpected behavior you have experienced regarding Intuit Link Upload File to Client has been reported.

At this time we have identified that This error appears to only impact users that are in the Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge web browser. As a workaround, while our development teams research a resolution please access Intuit Link using Either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers to avoid this error message.

We appreciate your patience as we work on getting this resolved. 

-Betty Jo

0 Cheers
gjguilliom
Level 1

RESOLVED...

Unable to upload client data to Intuit link.  If problem persists, please contact blah blah blah.

I had been having this issue, inviting particular clients we had helped in previous years.  Additionally, I was getting an error message that one of our clients already had an email registered, and were going to receive multiple invitations, when I tried to invite a client directly from Intuitlink, instead of going through ProSeries.

I went through all client years previous on Intuitlink, that had NOT been "marked done", to "clear the chamber" for 2019.  No success.  I sat on the phone with Intuit link tech for two hours as she read the "how to troubleshoot"manual from her laptop.  Nope, their people were aware of the issue, and were working on it.

I dug a little deeper on the Proconnect website, knowing that there was something in our system, from previous years, and looking at user permissions for our company.  Here-in lies the problem.  I had two accounts, with different logins and different emails.  One, which was now defunct, was an ProSeries administrator registration, and the other was an regular administrator account.  I think that is what you are referring to as an "approved partner", possibly "ProSeries administrator?  Once I had my administrative status changed, i was able to go back through previous years of intuit link accounts and mark them as "done", then, finally was able to go back through 2019 and invite all the clients the "phantom accounts" were interfering with.  

In other words, at the highest level of review, there may be "phantom clients", or clients that weren't "Marked as Done", in order to clear the way for an invitation to tax year 2019.

Clear as Mud, right?

Get your ProSeries admin to change your privileges or have them go through and mark all previous year clients as "done"

Hope that helps

Gregory G.

0 Cheers