Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get rid of the how many street light, etc tiles. I have two step to my cell. The tiles are unnecessary and time consuming.

Desertis
Level 2

I use  my laptop in the field and prefer having Blue Tooth and WIFI access turned off for obvious security reasons.  I transfer the information to my desktop when I get back to the office.  I complete and file the returns from the desk top.. Is it possible to get rid of the how many street light, etc tiles.  I have two step to my cell.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Those annoying images that are virtually impossible to see on a small screen should go away once you get them right. 

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
45 Replies 45
itonewbie
Level 15
You have tagged this to ProConnect Tax Online, which runs in the cloud, and cannot be used offline.  From your previous posts, it would appear that this question may pertain to ProSeries instead.  If so, you may like to change the Tag for your question to ProSeries so that someone familiar with ProSeries would be able to help you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm not sure where all of the street lights are coming if we are talking about ProSeries.  

0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
It is Proseries.  I can not sign in until I have checked all tiles with Street Lights, Crosswalk, Cars, Buses etc.  Sometimes a tile is even replaced with another that has to be checked.
0 Cheers
clr600
Level 7
Once you have setup the program to open while on your wifi at the office then the password has been saved to you puter. When you are not on wifi the program should ask you if you wish to work offline. Then the computer matches the password from before and that should be it.
0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
Thank-you that is the answer I was looking for.
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
I get it on my desktop every other time I log in.  Is there any way to make it go away?
0 Cheers
kellydch
Level 1
This is REALLY annoying.  Trying to choose all pictures with traffic lights etc while sitting in front of a client is very unprofessional.  I know security is important, and I could see maybe one picture, but this morning I went through no less than 25 pictures.  Why is that necessary?  I will be leaving Proseries next year if this continues.  At a time when we need every second and stress levels are running sky high, having to do this over and over and over and over and over .... is really bad PR for Intuit and my firm.  I don't have the time or patience for this.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
So once you go through that verification, you shouldn't have to verify EVERY time.  Be sure your primary browser and IE are not set to auto clear cache/cookies as that is what enables and eliminates the need to have to do that everytime.  I completely understand your frustration and the time consumption, but as you mention this is for security and is an industry-wide standard at this point (varies slightly by product)
0 Cheers
kellydch
Level 1
It is about every other time, and I have not cleared or closed anything, only stepped away from my computer to do something else.  This morning was the worst,  we only started counting after the first couple and got to 25.  I only got one error message, and I even had 3 other people checking with me "Hey, do you see any other street lights here?", and picture after picture kept coming up.  It did leave us all feeling like idiots.  I finally closed the program and reopened it and then it worked.  If you want to keep me as a customer, FIX THIS.
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
This is not accurate.  None of my browsers are set to auto clear and I do not delete cookies. I still get the pictures approx. every 2nd time I log in.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
a broken (corrupted) cookie may be the culprit....you may need to do a cookie dump.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
I cleared cookies, did not help>  Talked with Intuit.  They said this security is From their Website.  Nothing the user does changes the rules of when this security is applied.  Also had Geek Squad check out this answer.  They concurred.
0 Cheers
BWJCPA
Level 1
The "this is for security" response is such bullshit! If you have 2 step verification setup then you shouldn't have to ALSO do captcha.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Even if they prefer to have CAPTCHA, there are now more modern versions that are either transparent to users or less laborious.  It should just be a simple change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Those annoying images that are virtually impossible to see on a small screen should go away once you get them right. 

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
I get them almost every 2nd time I log in and then after I get them right, I have to verify with a code that they call me with.  I called support and they have no idea what I am talking about.  How can I make it go away?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
@her59 A similar question has been raised. Suggest you follow this other thread below for update:
https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1791888-is-there-anyway-to-turn-off-the-requireme...
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
That is my question.  It has not been answered yet.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@her59 The simple answer is NO.
It is related to browser cookies being cleared. I seldom run into it, but when I do - ARRGHHH!! They are just too small to see.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
This is ridiculous.  I comes after two step verification for me.  It creates a security risk.  Since I meet with clients at their office I leave the program on to avoid playing tic tac toe.
0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
I got one not possible and one who had called customer support.  CS had no idea what was happening or what to do about it.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If youve got a damaged cookie file, it will make you do it all the time.
Delete all your temporary internet files, cookies, history, etc. then restart the computer.   Log back in and go through the CAPTCHA pictures one more time, exit the software then try opening it again....still the same situation?

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) here is what I don't understand.  Today, it had me go through a total of 7 different scenes.  I watched each one to make sure it was right.  This has to stop.  Every time I step away from my computer is this going to happen?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"Every time I step away from my computer is this going to happen?"

You have time to step away from your computer this time of year?  I thought we were all chained to it until April 15th :wink:

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
It is based on cache/cookie stored on the default browser.  Unless you are regularly clearing cache/cookies or have something set up to "wipe" that (like an AV software or something) you shouldn't have to go thru everytime you leave your machine, no.
0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
This sounded like a great solution.  Not sure I could implement it so had Geek Squad follow the directions.  Unfortunately it made no difference on my Laptop.  
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) There are newer versions of ReCAPTCHA that are less annoying and may even be transparent to end-users.  Switching would require minimal effort but make it much more user-friendly.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
I think the default browser for Proseries is Internet Explorer.  Download another browser (Firefox?) for everyday use on internet.  Therefore if you do not use IE there is no chance cookies can be deleted.  I don't even use IE to get to this forum.  Just have it earmarked on favorites on another browser.  I think I have only got the tiles 1 or 2 times over the last few years.
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 8
I use PS Basic, chrome browser, I have never even seen a tile security log in, must be just a PS Pro issue.
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
I don't use IE for anything, I use firefox, and I still have the problem.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I use Edge, I'm not seeing this occur on any of my computers.   As @Camp1040  mentioned, I also use PSPro, I wonder if it is a Basic issue.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
So, @Just Lisa Now!, you're among the 5-percenters! :smile:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 8
Actually my post stated I use ProSeries basic my writing must be coming like an IRS instruction where the opposite is true
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ohh duh, I read your post backwards  LOL  dang, I need more coffee!

0 Cheers
Desertis
Level 2
I use Proseries Professional.   My browser is Chrome.   I have IE.   Proseries does send me there for certain answers and articles.   I always decline to make it my default Browser.   Proseries always asks on these Proseries excursions.   I had a Geek Squad Engineer here yesterday.  I am implementing a Cyber Security Policy so that I can get a Data Broach and Recovery insurance policy.  I have never had any business policies but now feel I need to protect my self after 40 years.  In any event, he was not here about the CAPTCHA.  I described the problem to him.  He said this can only be fixed by Intuit on their Website.  The purpose is to communicate to Intuit that you are you.  Anyone try to tell Intuit?  I am logging in twice and then getting a cell phone text to verify a third time that it is I.  Still seems like an unreasonable colossal waste of time.  I have only ran through this a couple of times on the desktop.  Almost every time on the Wireless Laptop.  He said that WI-FI should not make any difference.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 9
Level 9
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) …. this is absurd.  I pay over $6,000 for my total ProSeries Professional and I have to go thru a password(which seems to work for most  every other thing in the WHOLE WORLD), and then every time I log on.... I have to go thru the sidewalks/autos.  I am not a computer programmer, so don't tell give me the cookies spiel.... I need a way to not have this happen, that I can do. or a ProSeries tech and login and fix.  I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years.... but this is going to be the last straw for my annual renewing.  I guarantee.
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
I agree that they are a pain but the IRS is pushing security hard so Intuit is trying to meet their requirements.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But the password thingy doesn't appear to be the issue.  It sounds like some folks have to count every street light in their town in order to log in.  It would drive me crazy too if I had to jump through all of those hoops every time I tried to log in.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
"I am not a computer programmer, so don't tell give me the cookies spiel"

Do you need to know how to delete cookies?  You don't need to have any programming skills for this.

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
I do not believe anybody has come back to say deleting cookies or any other idea has worked.  So we that don't have the problem can't accurately say anything that is a sure fix.  Hopefully someone @Desertis or @her59 will report back that there was a fix.
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
No fix.  Deleting cookies did not work.  Not deleting cookies did not work.  I use firefox, not IE as my default browser.  When I called support, they had no idea what I was talking about.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
" I use firefox, not IE as my default browser. "

That doesn't matter; ProSeries uses Internet Explorer or Edge, regardless of your default browser.

Try going through the security settings for IE and Edge to ensure it accepts all cookies (and you might as well try deleting the current cookies in those browsers as well to see if that will reset anything).

Another thing to try is to temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall.  When those disabled, after you log-in once (with the annoying pictures), does it ask for the pictures in subsequent log ins?
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 11
If it's any consolation, I NEVER had this happen before (honestly I thought folks were talking about logging into the forum, not the software!)  Until yesterday.  Now two out of the last three logins have required that I do the "click on images" thing and then also have a validation code sent to me.

Has anyone tried deliberately failing the image test?  (It's certainly possible that I failed it both times now missing and/or counting something wrong.)  If I'm going to have to enter an MFA code anyway, I'd just as soon not try to squint at the screen and see if maybe that's the back bumper of a car in panel #3 . . .
0 Cheers
her59
Level 2
Yes, I know that Proseries uses IE.  I mentioned that I use firefox to explain that I am not actively deleting cookies or changing settings on IE.  The captchas were not a problem in previous years, and nothing has changed on my computer, so it has to be on Intuit's end.  Given the sensitive information we have, it does not make sense that we would have to disable AV to use the program.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
"and nothing has changed on my computer, so it has to be on Intuit's end"

Unless you never update your computer, antivirus, and firewall, things HAVE changed on your computer.

"Given the sensitive information we have, it does not make sense that we would have to disable AV to use the program."

I am NOT saying to permanently disable the antivirus and firewall.  I am saying to temporarily disable to TEST if that is what is causing the problem.  If you disable them and you never get the pictures after the first time, that would be an indication that you need to change the setting on your firewall and/or antivirus (such as telling them to never block or scan ProSeries or put Intuit/ProSeries on a 'white' list).
0 Cheers