The behind the scenes components of the Lacerte login experience* have been updated. To avoid service interruption, please verify you have updated your Lacerte tax programs by 12/31/2023.
*There is No Action Required for Lacerte users in Rightworks.
Additionally, beginning in January 2024, you will not be able to install updates on unsupported Windows Operating Systems including;
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
Here are the minimum versions needed for Lacerte 2016 through 2022.
- 2016 = 16WINOPSCORE 43.0828
- 2017 = 17WINOPSCORE 43.0817
- 2018 = 18WINOPSCORE 43.0814
- 2019 = 19WINOPSCORE 43.0728
- 2020 = 20WINOPSCORE 43.0727
- 2021 = 21WINOPSCORE 43.0717
- 2022 = 22WINOPSCORE 43.1003
To check the version of your Lacerte software:
- Launch the desired year of Lacerte
- From the Tools menu select Lacerte Updates
- Then select Version Info
- Review the version number on the first line in the table
In this example of Lacerte 2021, the 21WINOPSCORE version number 43.0717 is displayed meaning this Lacerte 2021 program will be able to successfully login after 12/31/2023.
If you need guidance updating your Lacerte software, please view these instructions.
After December 31, 2023;
When attempting to open Lacerte without updates applied, the program will not launch.
When installing a new instance of the program, a new login screen will be present:
Solved! Go to Solution.