The Firm of the Future contest is back and bigger than ever. Intuit® is looking for the most forward-thinking firms based in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States who are embracing technology to ensure long-term success. Full-service firms, bookkeepers and tax professionals worldwide are invited to enter the contest for a chance at over $100,000 in prizes, including an all-expense paid trip to Intuit’s annual QuickBooks® Connect conference, Nov. 15-17, in San Jose, Calif.
How to Enter
Firms can enter the contest directly through their local Firm of the Future portals.
To submit an entry, firms will need to provide one photo and answer five questions (in 200 words or fewer), demonstrating their transformation from a traditional accounting firm into a Firm of the Future. These include:
- How many small business clients do you serve for tax/accounting/bookkeeping needs?
- What percentage of your small business clients use QuickBooks Online?
- Explain how you save time for your firm and your clients by leveraging cloud-based accounting technologies, including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and/or any third party applications.
- Describe what advisory services you perform on behalf of your clients to help them avoid pitfalls and identify growth opportunities. Please include how technology and the products you use play a role in your ability to deliver these services.
- Tell us how your firm is leveraging the web, digital marketing and social media to interact with clients, reach new prospects and grow.
Finalists and Judging
A global panel of qualified judges from Intuit’s Small Business Group and Accountant Segment will announce one finalist from each participating country, based on who best embodies a future-forward business lifestyle. An additional 15 runners-up will be selected from all submissions, regardless of location.
During the second phase of the contest, Intuit will provide a videographer and producer for each of the four finalists to create a custom video about what makes their firm a Firm of the Future. All four videos will be available in an online gallery for public voting in October 2017. This popular vote will influence the judges’ final deliberation and help crown the grand prize winner at QuickBooks Connect.
The top four finalists will each receive a $5,000 USD cash prize, as well as two tickets to attend QuickBooks Connect, where the grand prize winner will receive an additional cash prize of $25,000 USD. Up to 15 runners-up will also be awarded a cash prize of $2,500 USD.