With another tax season on the horizon, we talked to several of our tax professionals and Intuit® ProConnect™ Tax Council members about what apps and software they love the most. Many of these apps save them time each day, while others help them make the most of their free time so they can truly focus while at work. We hope these favorite apps help make tax season a little easier for you!
Jackie Meyer, CPA, CTC, is president and founder of Meyer Tax Consulting, LLC, in Southlake, Texas. Her team works with executives on strategic tax planning, while also consulting on industry best practices as a speaker and thought leader. She has several apps to recommend:
- Jetpack Workflow has simplified workflow management for our firm. Their podcasts have the most amazing interviews, too!
- AppToTo knows who you are meeting with based on the cell phone number (or any customer parameter you set) in your Google Calendar; it will then send a text message and/or email reminder about upcoming appointments. AppToTo It automates a sometimes very dreadful process of tracking down people.
- theSkimm’s slogan is “making it easier to be smarter.” I have to admit, I’ve felt pretty dumb after tax season, due to not keeping up with world events like everyone else. I now use my iPhone speak feature to read me the daily email summary while driving.
Andrea M. Parness, CPA, is the owner of A. Parness Company, a CPA firm based in Belle Harbor, Queens, N.Y. She and her team work remotely year-round with clients. Here are several of her recommendations:
- Hubdoc fetches bank statements and bills so we don’t have to ask our clients over and over again.
- TSheets helps our clients with payroll time sheets and allocations for job costing.
- Waze helps me drive anywhere, whether I’m heading to a client meeting or home from work. It gives me insights on traffic and police stakeouts for us speeders.
Mark Stewart, CPA, is a partner at Feldstein & Stewart, LLP in New York. Here is his app recommendation:
- Carbonite is a wonderful service, and the mobile app is fantastic! In and of itself, Carbonite is offsite backup. It works smart; while your information continuously backs up, if something is deleted from your system, Carbonite does not delete it from the cloud backup for several weeks. This is important and smart since every tax season someone on our staff accidentally deletes or messes up a file. This absolutely saves us time … and also the embarrassment of having to tell a client we lost a file!
Are we missing one of your favorite apps? Leave us a note in the comments section below and let us know what apps and software get you through tax season!