Freedom from the drudgery of data gathering and entry means more time to make a difference in clients’ lives
PLANO, Texas – Aug. 11, 2016 –Intuit ProConnect, the new portfolio brand for Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) professional tax products, has unveiled customer-driven innovation in ProConnect Tax Online that dramatically reduces the time it takes to collect and enter client information, so tax and accounting professionals can make a real difference in their clients’ lives. Unlike other online professional tax products, ProConnect Tax Online is the only native cloud-based solution giving tax professionals the freedom to work anywhere, anytime, on any device. There’s nothing to install or maintain, and tax laws and forms are updated automatically.
ProConnect Tax Online (previously known as Intuit Tax Online) is ideal for any firm whether they are new to tax or already at established, multi-service firms preparing high-volume 1040 or complex returns for individuals and small businesses. ProConnect Tax Online serves the needs of these firms with revolutionary, time-saving features that eliminate client data collection and entry so accountants can invest more time helping their clients succeed in ways they never thought possible.
On average, tax professionals spend 65 percent of their time on data collection and data entry. ProConnect Tax Online is designed to dramatically reduce this time. For the upcoming tax season, accountants and their clients will benefit from:
- Automated data import: Reduce data entry and save time by automatically importing client information into ProConnect Tax Online. Intuit uses intelligent mapping, optical character recognition technology, direct connections with financial institutions and payroll providers, and document uploads so that 40 percent of tax data can be automatically and seamlessly imported into a client’s current year tax return.
- New Automated K-1 Transfer: Automatically generate a Schedule K-1 when preparing partnerships, corporate and S corporation returns. In a single click, import data directly into the individual tax returns associated with the business entity, reducing duplicate data entry.
- Faster Tax Return Review: Cut data entry and tax return preparation down to mere minutes for clients with unchanged tax situations year over year. A new side-by-side view of current and prior-year tax data gives easy access to information, expediting return preparation.
- Simplified Client Communication with Intuit Link: Combined with ProConnect Tax Online, Intuit Link, an intelligent portal that makes it easy for clients to automate the delivery of their tax data in a timely and organized way, saves tax professionals up to 18 days in tax season. ProConnect Tax Online and Link enable tax and accounting professionals to quickly create and send personalized digital checklists to clients based on their prior year tax return. Clients can answer questions and upload documents from any device with Link as they have time. Once uploaded to Link, clients no longer have to keep track of the documents and have anytime, anywhere access to their data.
- Reimagined QuickBooks Online Accountant Integration: Be confident that ProConnect Tax Online transfers client data from QuickBooks Online Accountant Edition into the client’s tax return with just a few clicks.
“ProConnect Tax Online goes beyond today’s typical functionality and connects accountants to the modern tools they need to work efficiently, saving more time and enabling them to connect with their clients in better ways,” said CeCe Morken, executive vice president and general manager of the Intuit ProConnect Group. “Only Intuit brings together ProConnect Tax Online, QuickBooks Online and Intuit Link into a single experience to free accountants from the manual processes of today, so they can help their clients succeed in ways they did not think was possible.”
Tax professionals can learn more about ProConnect Tax Online with the step-by-step online training course offered by Intuit.
Pricing and Availability
Intuit ProAdvisors get discounts of 10 to 90 percent off Intuit products and services including ProConnect Tax Online. For pricing and ordering information for ProConnect Tax Online and other Intuit professional tax products, please visit https://proconnect.intuit.com/
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Intuit’s ProConnectbrand portfolio includes ProConnect Tax Online, ProSeries® and Lacerte®, the company’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2015. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.