New updates to Intuit’s online professional tax software help preparers for the upcoming tax season
Plano, Texas, November 6, 2018 — Today, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) announced new updates coming to ProConnect Tax Online, their cloud-based professional tax preparation software, for Tax Year 2018. The enhancements include key tax reform updates, new workflow features for small to large firms, and a refreshed look and feel.
Tax Reform Ready
ProConnect Tax Online will be ready for tax reform changes, including updated tax calculations to reflect the new tax code, 1040 enhancements that reflect the new postcard-sized return and six additional schedules and an updated Tax Reform Impact Summary worksheet – a printable comparison specific to each client’s situation that can help preparers easily explain the impact of the 2018 law changes. Additionally, ProConnect Tax Online improved tax planner a tool to help clients plan for the future by comparing tax implications across multiple years and scenarios.
Tax professionals are also invited to take advantage of Intuit’s recently updated Tax Reform Resource Center for tax reform news and tools, like the Qualified Business Income and Entity Selection Calculator and in-depth tax reform webinars, as they continue to prepare for the upcoming season.
ProConnect Tax Online Tax Year 2018 Updates
There are several new features and productivity enhancements coming in ProConnect Tax Online for Tax Year 2018, including:
- Document Management with Intuit Link is now embedded inside the client list within ProConnect Tax Online. Professionals can now see, on a single screen, all documents including those uploaded by the firm and those provided by clients through the password protected Link portal. Firms can also organize documents into folders, sign document types (for example, W2, 1099, etc.), download documents to desktop, preview documents in a browser, and save client files shared through Intuit Link for later use.
- Improved Trial Balance with QuickBooks Online Accountant will provide professionals with the ability do trial balance by viewing a balance sheet and profit & loss report. Anytime any changes need to be made, pros can jump directly to that place in the books to make relevant adjustments.
- Refreshed Interface speeds up the tax preparation process. Technology and interface Improvements help make the tax preparation process smarter, faster and simpler. Key changes include:
- Focused navigation enables access to each section of the return using a tax topic menu.
- Improved and more prominent search capabilities.
- The ability to switch to a grid view in certain areas for faster data entry.
- Conditional inputs, so relevant data that’s specific for your client and their return is visible.
- Refreshed color scheme for the main navigations.
- 57 new e-file capabilities for returns, extensions, estimates and amended returns will be added to Intuit ProConnect Tax Online.
Intuit’s mission is to Power Prosperity Around the World. Our global products and platforms, including TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint and Turbo, are designed to empower consumers, self-employed and small businesses to improve their financial lives, finding them more money with the least amount of work, while giving them complete confidence in their actions and decisions. Our innovative ecosystem of financial management solutions serves approximately 50 million customers worldwide, unleashing the power of many for the prosperity of one. Please visit us for the latest news and in-depth information about Intuit and its brands and find us on social.