Everyone is talking about Intuit® Link and how easy it is to use for you and your clients. This feature will make your firm more efficient, while your clients will enjoy the mobile convenience Link offers. The Link data collection portal is included as a feature with your purchase of Intuit ProConnect™ Tax Online, Lacerte® or ProSeries® software, and is free for you and your clients to use.
You can request data from your clients using Link in one of two ways:
- In your Intuit software, go to your client list dashboard, select the clients you would like to invite and send them an invitation email.
- Go directly to the Link portal, sign in using your Intuit username and password, and click on “add new client.”
Your clients will be able to send you the data you need in five easy steps:
- They will receive an email personalized from you.
- They will click on the email and log in to the Link website.
- Your clients will answer the questions you customized for them.
- They can easily link their financial institutions to auto transfer tax documents to you.
- Uploading tax documents and receipts has never been easier; they can take a photo from their mobile device or upload on their computer.
The client’s dashboard shows them where they are in the process of providing the information to them, and they know when they have completed all tasks. You will receive progress notifications within your client dashboard, so you know when you will be able to start the return.
Want to get them onboarded even easier? Make a quick call or send an email prior to sending the invitation email and share the Intuit Link taxpayer site; this helps to visually demonstrate to your clients the additional value you are adding this tax season.
Link Up to Win Instant Prizes and a Caribbean Getaway
Each time you use Link to connect with a client, you get a new entry for a chance to win instant prizes and a Caribbean getaway to St. Thomas. Click here to learn more.