What's New in ProConnect Tax
Check out our latest innovations to help you be more productive.
31 additional e-filing types
Plus two new forms for print and e-filing for tax year 2021.
Assign and manage work
Filter by assigned staff on the tax hub to monitor return status and team workloads.
Auto-lock e-filed returns to prevent manual entry errors and calculation updates that may alter the original e-filed amounts.
Accountant document upload and apply
Upload documents and apply form data to tax returns without sending your client a Link request.
Innovation spotlight: coming soon!
E-file amended returns
1040X e-file is now live in ProConnect. We now transfer originally filed ProConnect data to amended returns to help save you time. We also make a copy of the original return for your records.
Manage K-1 forms easily
Now, pass-through business entities have an easy way to produce letters, K-1 forms, K-1 state forms, and more for each partner or shareholder. Easily generate PDFs from the File Return screen and send them out.
Get more from imports
To help you work more efficiently, CSV or Excel import features extend functionality to include depreciation and pass-through entity members, and Schedule D dispositions.
Data automation: Creating the future of taxes
We've been hard at work, investing time and resources to make Link work harder for you.
Data collection for you
Batch requests for clients
We’ve also given you the ability to send batch requests. Now, you can send request templates to multiple clients at once, rather than going through clients one by one, making your data collection process easier and faster.
Document Import Drawer
View all of your documents ready for import in one organized section inside of your clients’ returns, with alerts on screens for which you can import data.
Data collection for your customers
Easier document uploads and imports for your customers
We’ve made data collection easier for your clients, too. Instead of uploading documents one by one and manually matching them to document checklist items, they can upload them in batches and our system will automatically identify them. In addition, clients can import all documents associated with each financial institution at one time.
Easier financial institution uploads in Link
We've made retrieving tax data easier for your clients. Clients can connect securely, without having to share their passwords with you, to each of their financial institutions and collect all their documents at once.
Link simple sign-on
If your customer forgets their log-in information, they can now sign into Link using their phone number with a single-use passcode generated by Intuit. There is no additional work on your part.
Badge indicating the number of documents ready to be applied
Easily see when a client has documents ready to apply to a return with the new actionable badge. Plus, a new lightning bolt icon indicates the status of each document.
Manage misclassified documents
You can now move documents between document checklist items without deleting and re-uploading.
We've improved the accuracy of automated data entry from the following documents uploaded through Link: W2, 1099-INT, 1099-R, 1098-T, 1098, 1099-DIV, new! 1099-B, and 1099-MISC. It’s also easier to map data to fields, allowing you to select clients to upload to guide successful and accurate data importing. Finally, now when you import a form, you will be automatically taken to the relevant area in the tax return.
Optional workflow tools: Helping you do even more
Intuit Practice Management*
Focus on the work that gets you paid by letting Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon give you a clear view of your priorities, creating consistent processes for all your services, and automating away admin tasks like requests and reminders.
- Manage priorities efficiently with shared dashboards that give you a comprehensive view of your operations and performance.
- Schedule recurring requests and reminders for clients to send you their documents, signatures, and more, so you don’t have to manually follow up. And keep your staff on track with automatic reminders of upcoming deadlines.
- Plus, Intuit Practice Management integrates with ProConnect, which keeps your client data automatically updated, reduces data entry, and tracks progress across your workflow.
Claim 5 free eSignatures from inside ProConnect to try all the new enhancements for yourself.**
- Now you can collect eSignatures on any form or document, not just 8878 and 8879. All forms and documents are available to attach and send for clients to sign including individual forms, business forms, engagement letters, invoices, NDAs, and bank documents.
- View the enhanced dashboard with automatic status tracking featuring eight new statuses: declined, authentication failed, delivered, multiple, partially signed, signed, voided, and expired.
- No more printing eSignature documents and attaching them to the eSignature widget to send to clients. With new auto-mapping you can select a form, and it will be attached automatically.
Give your clients more convenience, and give yourself a simpler way to do refund transfers with Pay-by-Refund.
- To make it easier to get started, enrollment forms for new and returning customers are now pre-filled.
- Pay-by-Refund status has been added within ProConnect so you can now see Pay-by-Refund returns rejected and solutions for solving them.
Firm-Level Protection Plus*
When your clients receive notices from the IRS or state agencies, are subjected to an audit, or are the victims of identity theft, with this new offering you and your clients are covered. We’ve partnered with Tax Protection Plus to provide you the option to add this coverage to every single 1040 client. A team of CPAs and EAs will respond to IRS notices, handle audits, seek tax debt relief, remediate fraudulent dependent claims, and more, giving you and your clients peace of mind and saving you time and frustration. Enrolled firms simply pay $10 for every filed 1040 return.
*Additional terms, conditions, and fees apply with these optional add-on services.
Training: Keeping you up to date
Get access to videos and content right at your fingertips. You’ll get recommendations tailored to your needs for efficient, self-paced learning. Training will be located in the Help tab within ProConnect Tax.
Free live and pre-recorded webinars
Attend live and pre-recorded webinars on topics that matter most to you, at times that work best with your schedule. More than 30,000 pros signed up for webinars last year, and new sessions like tax law, ethics, and product courses are continually added.
Quickly find the latest information you and your clients need on our newly redesigned COVID-19 resource center.