The Lacerte Update Scheduler is a way to automatically download updates from Lacerte. You can schedule a specific time for the program to download updates, and see the dates and times when the program finds updates.
When enabled, the Update Scheduler runs in the background of your computer, periodically checking for updates to selected Lacerte products. It helps to make sure the most up-to-date Lacerte products are installed on your computer throughout the year, without interruption to your normal work flow. When updates are downloaded, you'll be prompted to install them the next time you open Lacerte.
To turn off the Lacerte Update Scheduler:
- Right-select the icon located in the System Tray.
- Select Edit Options.
- In the Options tab, remove the check next to Start when Windows starts and select Close. Deselecting the box will prevent the Update Scheduler from automatically starting when you start your computer.
- If you want to disable the scheduler for certain tax years only, clear the checkboxes for those years only.
- The icon may still be in the System Tray after doing the steps above. To close the scheduler, right-select on the icon and select Exit.
- The scheduler should now be turned off and won't start when you start your computer.
Lacerte update notifications
Disabling the Lacerte Update Notification setting in the program user options, won't disable the Update Scheduler. The Lacerte Update Notification setting is for enabling/disabling the in-product notifications you see when an update is available. Refer here to learn more about the Lacerte Update Notification setting.
If you disable the Update Scheduler:
- Manually check for updates by opening Lacerte and going to the Tools menu and selecting Lacerte Updates, or
- Enable the Lacerte Update Notification setting to have the program notify you of available updates when you open or switch tax types.