This article will help you use the different views and tools in Lacerte to enter and review your clients' tax returns.
Using the Details tab
You'll use the Detail tab to enter all of your clients' tax data, like dependents, income, and deductions:
- Use the table of contents to navigate through different portions of the return, or search for a specific item.
- Longer screens are separated into logical sections. You can use the left side of the screen to select the Section that's applicable.
- Access carryovers or general information by clicking the link at the top left of the related input screen.
Using the Find feature
When you are on the Details tab there is a Find button at the top of the screen. This will allow you to search for specific inputs or even text that's been entered.
Preview forms and jump to input
To view the federal and state Forms select the Forms tab.
- In the upper left corner you can select the US for federal forms or the state abbreviation for state forms.
- Check the Show all button if you want to see available forms that are not generating with this specific return.
Using jump to input
Most fields on the form have the ability to Jump to Input. Simply right click on the field and select Jump to Input to see where to enter the item that flows there.
- Not all forms or lines have jump to input available.