If the Document Management System (DMS) is not available in Lacerte, or the checkbox is grayed out in the Print > Tax Return menu, review the following steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of DMS installed.
- Open DMS.
- Go to Help > About DMS.
- Check the version number under the copyright line.
- If the version is lower than 20.1.0, you'll need to download the most current version from your online account.
- If DMS is in demo mode after it's installed, you'll need to download your DMS license file.
- If you have DMS 20.1.0 installed and it's still grayed out, run the dmssetup.exe file again from within the database folder and repair the program.