Before you start:
- This article references program version numbers and uses Y to reference portions of the tax year.
If (DMS) is not available, or the checkbox is grayed out when printing, review the following steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of DMS installed.
- Open DMS.
- Go to Help ⮕ About DMS.
- Check the version number under the copyright line.
- If the version is lower than 20.Y.Y, you'll need to download the most current version from your online account.
- If DMS is in demo mode after it's installed, you'll need to download your DMS license file.
- If you have DMS 20.Y.Y installed and it's still grayed out, run the dmssetup.exe file again from within the database folder and repair the program.
To repair the DMS program
Close out of any programs you have open and follow the steps below:
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to the folder where the DMS database is installed. If you aren't sure where the database is located, refer to this article.
- Double-click DMSSetup.exe.
- In the welcome screen, select Repair.
- Select Next.
- In the Enable DMS Toolbar screen, select Next to continue.
- When the maintenance is complete, if prompted to reboot the computer, select Yes, I want to restart my computer now and select Finish.
- After the computer has restarted, open DMS and then open the tax software.
- Make sure that DMS is now enabled in the Print ⮕ Tax Returns window.