Table of contents:
When you try to print screens from an e-organizer received from a client and get the following error message (or one similar to it):
Access violation at address 00FD2687 in module 'w??tax.exe'. Read of address 00000030
The addresses listed may be different in your error.
This error sometimes occurs if you attempt to print an e-organizer after importing the information into the corresponding Lacerte client file without having printed first. A workaround is to open the e-organizer in a blank database so you can print the screens:
- From the Settings menu, select Options.
- In the Setup tab, make a note of your current data path.
- In the Data Path field, add the word EORG to the end of the data path.
- Click OK. When you are returned to the Clients screen, your data base should appear blank. This is because we are now looking at a new, empty database we have just created (your existing clients are still in the real database).
- Go to the Client menu, then Add. Give the new client the same client number as the one for whom you are trying to print e-organizer screens. Click OK.
- Do not password protect the client.
- Double-click the e-organizer file (client#.OD?) to begin the e-organizer import.
- Click Accept All Screens.
- Click Print.
- Once you are finished printing, go to Settings, then Options. In the Setup tab, remove EORG from the data path, then click OK.
To prevent this issue from occurring again, it's advisable to print the e-organizer screens the first time you import the information into Lacerte.
After opening a client with a pending e-organizer for import, Lacerte generates "An Error has Occurred in the Lacerte Tax Program" when preforming data input
Clicking "Here" to see the error report shows: 2.4 Type: EAccessViolation
2.5 Message: Access violation at address 0059727F in module 'w08tax.exe'. Read of address 00000102.
This can occur when only a portion of the client's e-organizer windows appear. The workaround is to accept or deny all e-organizer screens, then close and reopen Lacerte. Continuing past the error allows you to continue to function normally; however, the error will continue to occur.
What to do when making adjustments to Screen 6 for estimates and the program Generates "Exception EAccess Violation @ Address RTL60.BPL."
Try deleting the EOrg.OD6 files in the IDATA\Notes folders. If this does not resolve see below for the next steps to resolve:
- Change data path to a temp dir example c:\test\idata
- Create the same client number.
- Enter just the client information.
- Copy the detail file from the original client file to the new data path.
- Restore the new client back into the original data path.
Attempting to transmit an e-organizer will fail with the following error: Error status received from E-org servers. Code :0 -
This error has to do with your preparer license file and if the e-org asset is found on it.
- Close the error message.
- Update the prep file from within the current year of Lacerte.
- To see the steps, view the article HERE.
- Attempt to send the e-org again.
- If you get a message that you must update your prep file again, please contact Customer Service at 800-933-9999.
When sending an e-organizer, the following error displays in the post transmission summary: Unknown error within organizer DLL; however, the organizer is sent
This can occur when a custom organizer letter is used that has a bitmap keyword, but there is a problem with the bitmap keyword mapping. Typically this is caused by copying a custom letter from one system to another without also copying the corresponding bitmap file and the Bitmaps.W? file. (? represents the tax year, e.g., Bitmaps.W7)
To resolve the issue, the bitmap keyword needs to be created on the system trying to send the e-organizer:
- Open the custom letter that is causing the error.
- Look for any keywords that represent a bitmap, they start with BM and are followed by the bitmap's custom keyword, e.g., [BM:KEYWORD:1.00:1.00], and note what is in the place of KEYWORD
- Click Tools ⮕ Keywords.
- In the keywords window, click Bitmap ⮕ Add.
- In the Keyword box, type in the Keyword that was found in step 2.
- Click Browse to locate the bitmap you would like to use, then click OK and then Close the keywords window.