Before you start:
- To use the MFJ vs MFS Comparison worksheet you'll need to setup and use TSJ indicators. See Using the TSJ Indicators for more information.
- The MFJ vs MFS Comparison Worksheet is not available in ProSeries Basic, however, you can use the What if Worksheet to run the comparison, see Using the What-If Worksheet in ProSeries.
Generating the MFJ vs MFS Comparison Worksheet
- Complete the MFJ return using the TSJ indicators to assign entries to the taxpayer, spouse or jointly.
- Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
- Type MFJ and press Enter to open the MFJ vs MFS Worksheet.
- Check the Check this box to calculate form checkbox.
- If the taxpayer and spouse did not live together, check the Check this box if taxpayer did not live with spouse during the year.
- Review the calculations and review the tax help for any calculations marked with a * for information regarding the calculation.
- Save the return.
- If you need to split the tax return, see Splitting a Married Filing Jointly (MFJ) return.