To generate a MFJ vs MFS comparison worksheet:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Select General from the left menu.
- Select Client Information.
- From the Filing Status dropdown, select 2=Married filing joint.
- Select the box MFJ vs MFS Comparison.
- Using the primary input screens for income and deductions, indicate items that are Taxpayer, Spouse, or Joint.
- Community property rules will be applied based on the taxpayer's resident state. To override this:
- Go to General > Misc. Info/Direct Deposit.
- Make an entry in Apply community property rules: 1=no, 2=yes.
There is currently no feature to split an MFJ return into two MFS returns in ProConnect Tax.