Coming soon: To learn more about Intuit Tax Advisor and reserve your free credits, click here.
This article will help you:
- Import your clients' tax data to Intuit Tax Advisor
- Create plans and strategies for your clients
To sync a client and start planning:
- Sign in to Lacerte 2021 as the Primary Administrator.
- From the Tools menu at the top of your program, select Lacerte Updates. Install any available updates and reopen Lacerte, if applicable.
- Open the Individual (1040) module.
- Select the client you want to sync.
- Press the Sync to cloud button at the top of Lacerte, or select Start cloud sync in the cloud sync column:
- Review the client information and 1040 data path that are shown.
- After you sync your first client, this data path will be locked. All other individual clients your firm wants to create plans for will have to be saved to the same path.
- Select Start sync to begin syncing the client's data to the cloud.
- Once your sync is complete, press Done. You'll return to the cloud sync status page where you can open Intuit Tax Advisor.
Now that you've synced a client, you can dive in and create your first plan in minutes.
Ready to sync more clients?
Once you're ready to start planning for another client, you can sync them right from your Clients list or the Integrations tab in Lacerte. Learn more about syncing additional clients.