Before you start:
- If you feel the program calculation is incorrect contact us to review the calculation. Technical support can help troubleshoot to make sure the data entry isn't impacting the results and that there are no known issues that may be causing the program to calculate in an undesired way.
- If technical support determines that ProSeries is calculated as designed, and you would like to submit a request to challenge the expected results you'll need a case number from technical support before you submit the challenge.
- You'll need a sanitized copy of the tax return in question. See How do I sanitize a client file in ProSeries to create that file.
Submitting the challenge:
- Start a new e-mail.
- In the To line, enter ProTax_Calc@intuit.com:
- In the Subject line, use the following format:
- Case# from technical support - CALCULATION ERROR: Return type, Federal/State, Form XXXX, Line XX
- Example: 510289614 - CALCULATION ERROR: Partnership, Federal, Schedule K-1, Part II, Line L Give a brief explanation of how you feel the program calculation is incorrect.
- Show or attach your manual calculation of the amount in question.
- List or attach the IRS, state publication or instruction, you used to do your calculation.
- Be specific; including page or worksheet identification
- Attach the sanitized data file. Please don't send a PDF file.
- Give your name and contact information.