When a colleague is invited to Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon, the following message may appear:
This warning appears if:
- The email address may be associated with a Contact Card already: see To check the Contact Card below.
- The email may be associated with another colleague that has been archived in Intuit Practice Management: see To check the Archived users below.
- If the colleague is being invited from a different domain and the other two scenarios don't apply, select Yes, Send Invite to invite them to Intuit Practice Management.
To check the Contact Card:
To see if the colleague's email is associated with a contact before sending out the invite:
- Cancel out of the Invite.
- Select the Magnifying Glass at the top right corner of the screen.
- Type the email address of the colleague in the search field and select Contacts.
- Look through the list for any possible matches.
- If the email address is found, edit the contact and remove the email or replace it with a different one.
To check the Archived users:
Check the Archived users to see if one exists with the same email address. If so, restore the colleague instead of trying to add them. To restore the colleague:
- Cancel out of the invite.
- Go to Settings>Colleagues.
- Scroll down and select Show Removed Colleagues.
- Select the colleague's name.
- Select Restore User.
- Update the name to the new colleague.