When sending a Client Task from Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon the following error occurs:
This error will happen when sending a Client Task if the Sending Settings of the Client Task FROM box has Work assignee and the Assigned To of a work item shows Unassigned.
To fix the error in Intuit Practice Management when the work item is Unassigned:
- Go to the work item for the contact that is getting the error.
- Contacts>Contact Name>Work tab.
- Open the work item that is receiving the error.
- Select the dropdown at the top of the work item under Assigned To and change the Unassigned to the right colleague.
- If you are unable to change the Unassigned and a blank spinning box pops up instead, refresh the webpage immediately after the spinning occurs.
- Refreshing the webpage will let the Assign Work box to pop-up and the work to be assigned to the right colleague.
- When reassigning the work item, Assigned to undefined error may appear and the Assigned To will remain Unassigned. If this occurs, refresh the webpage one more time and it'll now be assigned.
- If Client Owner is entered in the Sending Settings FROM box, instead of updating the Assigned To, the error will occur if there is no Client Owner for the contact. When there's no Client Owner, Intuit Practice Management defaults the Sending Settings From box to the Assigned To of the work.
To update the Client Owner:
- Select Contacts>Contact Name that is receiving the error to open the contact.
- Select the Details tab.
- Scroll down to Client Team and click Edit.
- Enter the Client Owner.
The Client Task will no longer generate the error.