Use Screen 57.171, State Other - Virginia Nonmilitary Spouse if the taxpayers are filing as married filing jointly for federal tax purposes and the nonmilitary spouse is required to file as Married Filing Separately for Virginia tax purposes, enter the number that corresponds to the nonmilitary spouse. The program prints only the nonmilitary spouse's name on Form 760 or 760PY, page 1 and checks the Married Filing Separately box.
Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Intuit Accountants users.
More like this
- Common questions about Virginia part-year/nonresident informationby Intuit•2•Updated February 10, 2023
- Understanding Lacerte diagnostic ref. 3836 - Taxpayer's spouse NR or active duty for CA e-fileby Intuit•15•Updated 1 week ago
- How to report partnership K-1, Box 13 code W on an individual return in Lacerteby Intuit•293•Updated May 23, 2023
- How to resolve Lacerte diagnostic ref. 36150 - Form 8958 Registered domestic partner's name and social requiredby Intuit•23•Updated 1 week ago
- Generating Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation in Lacerteby Intuit•16•Updated May 10, 2023