How does ProConnect calculate Schedule CA-NR, line 16, Column E?
How ProConnect calculates line 16, column E:
ProConnect generates an amount on line 16, column E automatically using the ratio specified in the 2020 Instructions for Schedule CA (540NR):
- Total self-employment income reported in column E
- Divided by the total self-employment income reported in column D
= California ratio.
If line 16, column E is blank, then ProConnect has calculated the CA ratio for the health insurance deduction as zero using the formula above.
To override line 16, column E and force an amount:
- From the Input Return tab, go to State and Local ⮕ CA Part-Year/Nonres Info.
- Scroll to section California Source Adjustments to Income (Schedule CA-NR, Section B, column E).
- Enter an amount in Self-employed health insurance deduction [O].