How does Lacerte calculate Schedule CA-NR, line 16, column E?
How Lacerte calculates line 16, column E:
Lacerte generates an amount on line 16, column E automatically using the ratio specified in the 2020 Instructions for Schedule CA (540NR):
- Total self-employment income reported in column E
- Divided by the total self-employment income reported in column D
= California ratio.
If line 16, column E is blank, then Lacerte has calculated the CA ratio for the health insurance deduction as zero using the formula above.
To override line 16, column E and force an amount:
- Go to Screen 55.011, California Part-Year/Nonresident Info.
- Scroll to the California Source Adjustments to Income (Schedule CA-NR, Section B, column E) section.
- Enter an amount in Self-employed health insurance deduction [O] (code 17 for Taxpayer) (code 37 for Spouse).