Lacerte is generating the following diagnostic:
Dates defining part-year/non-resident time periods have been entered in the Iowa "Part-Yr./Nonres. Information" (Screen 55). This information conflicts with the "Full Year Resident" status designated in Client Information. Please adjust the independent inputs to reflect only one. (ref. #3443)
The diagnostic won't prevent you from e-filing. However, you may be able to resolve the diagnostic using the steps below.
Follow these steps to resolve the diagnostic:
- Go to Screen 55.121, Iowa Part-Year/Nonresident.
- Remove any nonresident or part-year resident entries.
- Amounts entered on this screen may remain if the client is required to have amounts entered for the spouse on a Married Filing Separate return.
Follow these steps if the previous steps don't resolve the issue:
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information.
- Remove the checkmark from the Full year resident? box.
Lacerte doesn't support dual state residency.