This article will help you resolve the following diagnostic for a PA part-year/nonresident taxpayer:
"Nonresident income may need to be entered for Schedule SP, line 6. This program does not compute this amount automatically." (ref. #3393)
To resolve this diagnostic
The diagnostic triggers when the taxpayer may be eligible for the Special Tax Forgiveness Credit.
- ProConnect will automatically complete Part C, Line 1
- Schedule SP, Part C, Line 6 must be completed manually for a nonresident
To complete PA Schedule SP, Part C, Line 6
- From the Input Return tab, go to State and Local ⮕ Other Credits ⮕ PA Credits.
- Locate the Schedule SP section.
- Enter the Nonresident income. See the instructions below for what amount should be entered.
- If filing a MFS return, enter amounts under the applicable Taxpayer or Spouse column.