See steps below to resolve the following diagnostic, generated on a part-year/non-resident Mississippi return when attempting to e-file:
- e-file: All Mississippi Non-resident or Part-year returns must enter a code of Non-resident or Resident living out of state. (ref. #47655)
To resolve this diagnostic, follow these steps:
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information.
- Scroll down to the Mississippi Information section.
- Using the dropdown for County Code, select one of the following codes:
- 83 = Nonresident
- 90 = Resident living out of state