This diagnostic pops up when WTH is not suffixed to the state ID number in Screen 10, Wages, Salaries, Tips, or if it isn't 11 digits in length.
- This information is required by Utah for e-file. If this information isn't available, the return must be paper filed.
The diagnostic states:
- e-file: The Utah Withholding Tax Schedule (TC-40W) requires a valid Utah withholding identification number of 11 digits with 'WTH' suffixed for Electronic filing. Please correct Utah Withholding identification number entry on the W-2 that includes UT withholding. (Ref #17272)
How to resolve the diagnostic
- Go to Screen 10, Wages, Salaries, Tips.
- Press Ctrl-E on the Employer state ID no. field (input sheet code 808.1).
- Ensure the state ID number is 11 digits in length.
- Enter WTH at the end of the state Identification number.