Before you start:
- Starting in tax year 2019 you can now e-file multiple SMLLC returns for an Individual client for DC, CA, TN, TX and NY.
- Each SMLLC must have its own EIN or Identification Number in the linked business activity (Sch. C for example). An override may be available in the state specific screen for EIN if not a linked activity.
- The E-File Wizard and the F4 view will no longer show the amount due being paid electronically.
- You will no longer be able to add the SMLLC column to All Clients or filter by these returns. You will still be able to use the e-file Center to see this information.
Generating the SMLLC forms for e-file:
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information and check the box to set the LLC return for e-filing.
- Go to Screen 54 for the state you are e-filing.
- Add all of the LLC returns you need, regardless of whether or not they will be e-filed.
- To ensure the returns generate properly you must use the following order:
- Add all Other LLC’s first.
- Add all Schedule C LLC’s from Screen 16 second.
- Add all Schedule E LLC’s from Screen 18 third.
- If you are not e-filing the state form check the Do not e-file checkbox.
- Enter any entries required to finish the state return.
- Go to the Forms tab.
- Verify the LLC returns are generating correctly.
- From the E-File menu choose Step 2: Start e-file Return Wizard...
- Each Single Member LLC will have a checkbox under State Return. Make sure all the correct ones are checked and click Next.
- The program will validate the return
- If there is an error in validation: click the Error link under Validation for the reason. Click Don't Send (Cancel) to correct the errors.
- Once the validation is successful: click Send E-file Returns Now.
For state-specific details see: