This article will review options for generating the Form 568 and payment lines 6-8 on CA Form 568, Limited Liability Company Return of Income.
Before you begin
- ProConnect automatically includes CA Franchise LLC tax of $800 on line 6. For information on why this is automatic and how to suppress it, see below.
- Line 6 also includes payments made with Form 3537 (Extension) and Form 3536 (Estimated Fee for LLCs).
To generate the CA 568 instead of the CA 565:
- Go Input Return ⮕ General ⮕ Client Information.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous Info section.
- In the Type of Entity field, select 3=Limited Liability Company.
- Go to Input Return ⮕ Partner Information ⮕ Partner Information.
- Enter the single member's information.
- Go to Input Return ⮕ State & Local ⮕ CA Miscellaneous Information.
- Scroll down to the Single Member LLC Information section.
- Check the box Single member LLC.
- Enter the SOS file number.
- Select the appropriate return in Return filed with FTB by owner (Click on arrow to select from list).