This article will assist you with generating the Schedule NJ-COJ credit for taxes paid for Philadelphia in the Individual module of ProConnect Tax.
This was Schedule AB in tax year 2017 and earlier.
Follow these steps to generate Schedule NJ-COJ for taxes paid to Philadelphia:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select State & Local and choose Other State Tax Credit.
- Choose NJ Other State Tax Credit.
- For the State abbreviation field, select a state that is not part of this client's return.
- Enter Philadelphia in Other jurisdiction, if not a state.
- Enter the Income taxed by other state [Override].
- Enter the tax paid to Philadelphia in Tax paid to other state [Override].
- Enter the Credit allowed [Override].