How to resolve the diagnostic:
- From the Input Return tab, go to Miscellaneous Forms ⮕ Deceased Taxpayer (1310).
- Scroll to the California Electronic Information (1310) section.
- In the field labeled Signature explanation (code 32), enter the Decedent Representative Signature Explanation.
Keep in mind that:
- This is an e-file only field. Information you enter here stays in the authentication record of the e-file and doesn't print anywhere in the Forms tab.
- The signature explanation may contain the decedent representative type (For example, executor, surviving relative, or sole beneficiary). The state doesn't provide specifics for this explanation