This article will assist you with entering Oregon Form 40, Residential Energy Credit, in the Individual module of Lacerte.
All credit codes have changed beginning with tax year 2015. For a complete list of codes, refer to the Oregon Publication OR-CODES.
Follow these steps to enter the OR Residential Energy Credit:
- Go to Screen 53, Other Credits.
- Select Oregon Other Credits from the left St. Credits box.
- Hold down Ctrl+E in the Other carryforward credits (Ctrl+E) field (code 41).
- Select Residential Energy .
- Enter the corresponding amount(s) in the applicable Previous Year Amount and/or Current Year Amount columns.
- Click OK.
This credit flows to Schedule OR-ASC, Section 4: Carryforward credits (codes 835 - 865), line(s) 4. The allowed credit amount will flow to Form 40, line 28.
Refer to Oregon Publication OR-17 for more information about the Residential Energy Credit.