California estimated payments for Individual and Fiduciary returns can't be transmitted with the tax return filing.
Before you start:
- For tax years 2017 and earlier, a separate transmission must be made for each quarterly payment..
- Be sure CA estimates are generated on the return and resolve any critical e-file diagnostics related to California Electronic Payment.
To e-file California estimated tax payments for an Individual or Fiduciary return:
- Go to the Profile tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and locate the Estimated Payments section.
- Check each applicable quarter for e-file.
- To view the Estimated Payments go to the Check Return tab and review the E-file Estimated Payment generating for CA.
- To e-file go to the File Return tab, then click the E-File Estimated Payment tab.
- Check the CA Estimated Payments Quarters and click E-file when ready to transmit the payment information to California.
For more information
- Individual California Estimated Tax Frequently Asked Questions
- For more on transmitting estimates using the wizard, read Using the E-file Estimated Payment Wizard.