Per the Form IT 1040 instructions, you may deduct up to $4,000 in contributions to an Ohio 529 CollegeAdvantage savings plan per beneficiary each year.
To enter 529 CollegeAdvantage savings plan contributions:
- Go to Screen 51, Modifications.
- Under the St. Mod. panel, select Ohio.
- Under the College Savings Acct. panel, select the correct activity.
- If it's the first activity, select 1.
- Under the section Ohio College Variable Account and Tuition Credits, complete the Beneficiary Name and Current year account contributions fields.
- Compete any other applicable information on this screen.
- The entries will now flow to Form IT 1040.