Below are solutions to frequently asked questions about reporting California Form 592-B, Resident and Nonresident Withholding Tax Statement, in the Individual return of ProConnect. Refer to the Instructions for Form 592-B for more information.
Follow these steps to enter Form 592-B:
- From the Input Return tab, go to State and Local ⮕ Part-Yr/Nonres. Information ⮕ CA Non-res/Real Estate WH.
- Enter a 1 in the 1=592-B, 2=593 field.
- Scroll down to the Withholding Agent section and complete any applicable fields.
- Scroll down to the Withholding (Form 592-B) section.
- Enter the Total amount subject to withholding, if applicable.
- Enter the Total CA tax withheld, if applicable.
- Enter the Total backup withholding, if applicable.
The amounts you enter in step 8 and/or 9 will flow to Form 540, line 73 or Form 540-NR, line 83.
Why aren't the amounts entered appearing on Form 540/540-NR?
If the amounts you entered in the above steps don't appear on Form 540/540-NR, try deleting and re-entering the data in California Withholding.