Below, you'll find answers to frequently asked questions about amending a California individual return (Form 540X):
How do you amend a California individual return?
- Go to Profile.
- In the Amendments Subsection heck the box for California Amended in the Select for E-file column.
- Go to Input Return ⮕ Miscellaneous Forms ⮕ Amended Return (1040-X)/Superseded
- Scroll down to the General Info and Federal (1040-X) section.
- Enter 1 in the input titled "1=amending state return", if in a Multi-State Return, enter a 1 in the input "1=amending state return", then in the dropdown field to the right of "1=amending state return" select CA.
- Make changes in the appropriate screens to show the amended changes.