This article will help you resolve frequently asked questions about calculating resident taxes for New York City and Yonkers.
How to calculate city tax for full year residents of NYC or Yonkers
- From the Input Return tab, go to General ⮕ Client Information.
- Scroll down to the New York Information section.
- Select an option in the NYC/Yonkers Resident field.
How to generate city tax for part-year residents of NYC or Yonkers
Form IT-360.1 will calculate tax for part-year residents.
How to generate Form Y-203 for Yonkers nonresidents
To complete Form Y-203, Yonkers Nonresident Earnings tax return:
- From the Input Return tab, go to State and Local ⮕ Taxes ⮕ Yonkers Nonres Earnings Tax (Y-203).
- Enter applicable information under the Yonkers Wage Allocation section.
- Select General Information from the top-right of the screen.
- Enter the applicable information for Form Y-203.