ProConnect HelpIntuit HelpIntuit

Common questions for CA Form 3523 (Research Credit) in ProConnect

SOLVEDby IntuitUpdated July 31, 2023

Where do I enter a prior year research credit for CA Form 100?

  1. From the Input Return tab, go to State & Local Credits CA Credits.
  2. Scroll down to the Research Credit (3523) section.
  3. Make an entry in Nonpassive activity credit carryover.

Why is Form 3523, Part II Carryover Computation not generating while a carryover amount is displayed on General Information in Forms view?

This will occur when the California Schedule P is present. Instead of calculating on Form 3523, the carryover is calculated on Schedule P. The amount of carryover calculated on the Schedule P is then displayed on the General Information sheet in the Forms view.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
ProConnect Tax

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Intuit Accountants users.

Trending Articles