Below, you'll find answers to frequently asked questions about filing franchise and excise tax returns for a single-member limited liability corporation (SMLLC) in Tennessee:
How do I generate the TN FAE-170 in the Individual return?
Before you begin, make sure the SMLLC activities have been entered in the appropriate activity screen (Schedule C, Schedule E, etc.).
Follow these steps to generate Form FAE-170 in the Individual return:
- From the Input Return tab, go to State & Local ⮕ Taxes ⮕ Tennessee SMLLC Franchise, Excise Tax Return.
- In the Form (Click on arrow to select from list) drop down input, select the form with the income applicable for this SMLLC.
- In the Activity name or number drop down input, select the name of the applicable activity for this SMLLC.
- Make any other applicable inputs on this screen for information that doesn't flow automatically to the FAE 170.
- To generate more than one FAE 170, click on the + button next to the current tab along the top of this screen, and repeat steps 5 through 7 for each additional FAE 170..
Follow these steps to view the form:
- From the Check Return tab, go to Forms.
- Select TN.
- There will be a FAE 170 listed for each tab in the Tennessee SMLLC Franchise, Excise Tax Return input screen.