- Go to the Input Return tab and select State & Local.
- Select Part-Yr./Nonres. Information and then CA Non-res/Real Estate WH.
- Enter 1 in 1=592-B, 2=593.
- Complete the applicable information in the Withholding Agent section.
- Use either the Individual or Business fields—don't enter information in both.
- Scroll to the Withholding (Form 592-B) section and enter the Total amount subject to withholding.
- Enter the Total CA tax withheld.
- Enter the Total backup withholding (if applicable).
Any withholding amounts you enter here will flow to Form 540, Line 73, or Form 540NR, Line 83.