This article will help to resolve the following Ohio diagnostic:
- e-file: To claim the pass-through entity credit you must submit a copy of the Schedule K-1. This can be done by either attaching a PDF copy or indicating that a copy has been /will be faxed by checking the box "Supporting Documentation for Credits Faxed to State" in Other Credits Screen. (ref. #34610)
This diagnostic can be cleared in two different ways. The K-1 can be attached to the return as a PDF, or it can be faxed in separately to the state.
To attach the K-1 as a PDF:
- From the Input Return tab, go to General ⮕ Electronic Filing ⮕ e-file PDF/Miscellaneous.
- Click on the blue e-file Attachment hyperlink in the upper right corner.
- Click on Attach PDF to browse your computer for the PDF.
- Scroll to the Ohio Information section on this screen.
- Check the box labeled Send PDF attachment with Ohio return.
- In the Form and line number on state return drop down input, choose 5=Pass-Through Entity Credit.
To fax a copy of the K-1:
- From the Input Return tab, go to State & Local ⮕ Other Credits ⮕ Ohio Credits.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of this input screen.
- Check the box labeled Supporting documentation for credits faxed to state.
Both of these options will clear the diagnostic from the return.