If you're new to DMS or have never used it's scan feature, below is a quick reference guide on how to scan a document into DMS:
Follow these steps:
- Select scan from either the Document dropdown menu or from Scan on the toolbar, to bring up the Scan Documents window.
- Make sure that under scanner properties, that a TWAIN compliant scanner is selected. A TWAIN compliant scanner will have [TWAIN] and the name of the scanner. If it contains WIA or [WIA] it's not compliant.
- Select whether you want to Display custom scan properties prior to scanning or Use these scan properties when scanning. We suggest 300 DPI for clear scans.
- Once the document is in the scanner, select Scan.
- When the document has finished scanning, use the Page Management section to remove or reorder the pages.
- In the Save Document section you'll give the file a name (you can either give it a new name or select from a list).
- Select the location. If the current one is correct, go to the next step. If it needs to be changed, just select the ... to the right of location.
- From the view of clients and folders, select the client and folder you wish to save the document in.
- Select OK.
- If you have double-checked that everything is good to go, select Save.
- If you have more documents, repeat from Step 3 onwards, or if you're finished, select Close.
Your document should now be in DMS. Go to the client and location where you directed the file and you should now be able to view it.