In Lacerte, it isn't possible to override descriptions or amounts in the tax summary. However, the Notes screen can be used to record any alterations for the following year's return.
Notes screens by module
The Notes screen numbers in each module are as follows:
- Individual - Screen 47
- Partnership - Screen 34
- Corporate - Screen 42
- S Corporation - Screen 39
- Fiduciary - Screen 51
- Exempt Organization - Screen 62
- Estate - Screen 36
- Gift - Screen 13
- Benefit Plan - Screen 22
Suppressing prior year information on the Tax Summary
Prior year information can be removed from the Tax Summary either by not importing it from the prior year during the proforma process or by suppressing it in the current year.
To prevent prior year information from transferring during the proforma process:
- Select Custom in the Proforma Wizard Proforma Process screen.
- Clear the Two-Year Comparison box in the screen for Choose the Information to Transfer for Each Client.
If prior year information is already transferred to the current year client, you can suppress it from the Tax Summary:
- Select Options from the Settings menu.
- On the Tax Return tab set 2-year Comparison to No.