If the latest internet update is already installed, the IU can't be downloaded again. The problem usually presents itself when:
- The program says it is updated, but a later version is known to be available.
- To reinstall anything missed on a prior install.
- A SUTA module wasn't installed with an earlier release and needs to be installed to process payroll or quarterly forms.
Follow these steps to force an internet update for EasyACCT:
- Leave EasyACCT open.
- In the Windows search box in the taskbar, type "Run" and press Enter to open the Run app.
- In the Open: field, type in C:\EASYW\EZSYSW.INI.
- If you're using the Information Return System, type in C:\IRSYYYY\IRSSysW.INI instead. YYYY represents the 4-digit tax year.
- The file will open in Notepad. Find this Section:
- Change the ForcedIU=N to ForcedIU=Y.
Don't make any other changes to this file.
- From the File menu, select Save and close Notepad.
- Try the internet update again.
- Select the components of the program needed.
- This .INI file will revert to N after the update.