Selecting preparers or non-paid preparers:
- Go to Input Return > General > Client Information.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous Info section.
- In the Preparer field select the dropdown and choose the person who prepared the return.
- In the Prepared by field select one of the three options:
- Firm indicates this return was a paid tax return and the Firm and Preparer information will print on the tax return.
- Non-Paid Preparer: Select this to have the Paid Preparer Use Only section grayed out and print Non-Paid Preparer.
- Self-Prepared: Select this to have the Paid Preparer Use Only section grayed out and print Self-Prepared.
Follow these steps to add an Alternate Paid Preparer:
- Go to Input Return ⮕ General ⮕ Electronic Filing
- For Individual returns select e-file PDF/Miscellaneous.
- Scroll down to the Alternate Paid Preparer section.
- Enter the Firm/Preparer information.
- The Alternate Paid Preparer: Firm Information and Preparer are only utilized for e-file and will not print on the paper copies of the return.