The Taxpayer Authentication and Spouse Authentication input section(s) are available on Screen 1 to verify and enter the following information:
- Taxpayer Identity Verification - Select one of the four options:
- Identity Not Verified
- In Person - Valid Government Picture ID
- Remote - Valid Government Picture ID or Financial/Utility Account Number
- Remote -Valid Government Picture ID and Financial/Utility Account Number
- ID Type -
- Did not provide Driver's License or State ID
- Does not have Driver's License or State ID
- Driver's License Number
- State Issued ID
- Driver's License/State ID # - Some states required driver's license information as a measure to prevent identity theft.
- Driver's License State - The state indicated on the driver's license.
- Issue Date - The issue date as it appears on the driver's license/state ID.
- Expiration Date - The expiration date as it appears on the driver's license/state ID.
- Additional Information - Enter additional information here.
- IRS Theft Protection PIN - IRS issued Theft Protection PIN should be entered here. This is a 6-digit PIN.
More information is provided as guidelines from the Internal Revenue Service to tax professionals with regard to identity verification in IRS Pub. 1345 (Page 21).