The following entries can be made in Screen 2.2, e-file Misc:
- Preparer's e-file instructions [O] - Enter a 1 for Yes or a 2 for No to override the printing of Preparer e-file instructions for this return.
- An entry in the field allows you to override the Preparer e-file instructions option in the Tax Return Option tab. To omit the Preparer e-file instruction with all returns, on the Settings menu, click Options. Click the Tax Return tab. Select "No" at the e-file instructions option.
- To change when the Preparer e-file instructions print with a return, on the Settings menu, click Options. Click the Items to Print tab. In the General section, select Preparer e-file instructions check box to print the instructions with the return.
- The preparer e-file instructions provide a step-by-step guide to electronically file a federal or state tax return. The preparer e-file instructions print at the front of the preparer review and the preparer file copies of the return. You can change which return copy the Preparer e-file instructions print with, on the Settings menu, click Options. Click the Items to Print tab. In the General section, select Preparer e-file instructions check box to print the instructions with the return.
- Name Control [O] - The program will automatically create the Name Control field in the electronic file, according to IRS rules. To override the characters generated by the program, make an entry in this field. NOTE: See the EIN confirmation, IRS Notice CP 575 B, top of last page, IRS Use Only line, just after the application date.
- Disaster Explanation - Enter the description of the disaster.
Select the links below to see solutions for frequently asked questions on e-filing Fiduciary returns.