- When filing an extension, the State of Illinois requires an amount due and for the amount to be paid electronically via direct debit. (S-corporate ref. #50841), (Corporate ref. #50813), (Partnership ref. #50838), (Fiduciary ref. #50835)
What to know about Illinois' rules for an extension of time to file
- Illinois automatically grants an extension of time to file.
- When filing an extension, Illinois requires an amount due and for the amount to be paid electronically via direct debit.
How do individual filers pay electronically?
Electronic funds withdrawal for extension payments isn't available for Illinois at this time.
To pay electronically:
- Go to tax.illinois.gov to pay via a checking or savings account.
- An Illinois personal identification number is required.
- To pay by phone with a MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or Visa:
- Official Payments Corporation at 1(800)2PAYTAX (1-800-272-9829). Use jurisdiction code 2300.
- Call Value Payment Systems at 1(888)9PAYILS (1-888-972-9457)
- Link2Gov/FIS at 1(877)57TAXES (1-877-578-2937)
- Electronic Funds Transfer:
- Complete Form EFT-1, Authorization Agreement for Certain Electronic Payments.
- To print a copy of the form or for more information, go to tax.illinois.gov.