This article will help you select the person who prepared the return or mark the return as Self-Prepared or Non-Paid Preparer.
Selecting the preparer:
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information.
- Select Miscellaneous Info from the Sections.
- In the Preparer field select the dropdown and choose the person who prepared the return.
- In the Prepared by field select one of the three options:
- Firm indicates this return was a paid tax return and the Firm and Preparer information will print on the tax return.
- Non-Paid Preparer: Select this to have the Paid Preparer Use Only section grayed out and print Non-Paid Preparer.
- Self-Prepared: Select this to have the Paid Preparer Use Only section grayed out and print Self-Prepared.